Re-delivery & Undeliverable Consignments…
Last updated 05/11/2015 at 17:00
Re-delivery of Consignments:
Due to an overwhelming amount of deliveries which are not being completed on the 1st attempt by our agents for reasons which are beyond our control, Viva Xpress has been forced to implement a re-delivery charge back policy to cover the additional costs of re-deliveries of such consignments. All consignments departing from our office are tracked and monitored once entered into our system and will endeavour to give you a prior notification of any re-delivery along with the total charges as soon as this information is made available to us by our agents.
This information will be sent to you by your preferred method of communication which has previously been specified to us by your company as well as always being available via your track and trace facility on our web site. Please note the information containing the total charges will be sent ONLY once from our system and NO further notification about charges will be sent unless a further additional delivery is required for your consignment however the information which has been sent to your company will always be available on the track and trace details of the consignment.
We are aware there may be a number of reasons for us not to be able to deliver your consignment on the 1st attempt however we consider the following listed below valid reasons for applying a re-delivery charge to your consignments;
Unable to locate the address (assuming incorrect or incomplete details have been given on hawb)
- Incorrect address
- Consignee not known at address
- Shipment refused
- Not in / closed on delivery – will re-attempt tomorrow
- Not in / closed on delivery – calling card left
- Future Delivery Requested (assuming this is not organised in advance of 1st delivery attempt)
- Consignee moved
A shipment is considered as undeliverable if;
- The consignee address is incomplete, illegible, incorrect or cannot be located
- The delivery is impossible because of the unavailability or refusal of an appropriate person to accept delivery of the shipment on the initial delivery attempt or subsequent re-attempts
- The shipment is unable to clear customs
- The shipment is likely to cause damage or delay to other consignments or goods, or injury to persons
- The shipment contains prohibited items
- The consignee is unable to pay or refuses to pay for taxes and duties
- The shipment packaging is damaged to the extent that re-wrapping is not possible If a consignment is undeliverable for any reason.
Viva Xpress will endeavour to notify your company as soon as possible to arrange the return of the consignment, without prejudice to any local regulatory constraints. If your company does not respond within a suitable time specified by Viva Xpress then we reserve the right to make arrangements to return or dispose of the consignment. Your company will be liable for any and all costs, charges and fees incurred in returning, storing or disposing of an undeliverable consignment, unless the consignment was undeliverable due to the fault of Viva Xpress Logistics. For returned consignment containing dangerous goods, the sender must supply a completed return Air Waybill and all the other documents.