VIVA XPRESS LOGISTICS (UK) LIMITED – STATEMENT REGARDING GDPR
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force on 25 May 2018 and will supersede the current Data Protection Act 1998. GDPR will apply despite Brexit, and will impact all organisations that control or process personal data. It will grant data subjects a range of new rights, giving them more control over how their data is used. Organisations will be subject to new responsibilities and obligations, including the need to demonstrate compliance.
Viva Xpress Logistics (UK) Ltd has always made data protection and information security a central part of our business, For may years Viva Xpress Logistics (UK) Ltd has been committed to high standards of information security, privacy and transparency and we welcome the introduction of GDPR in May 2018.
Viva Xpress Logistics (UK) Ltd will comply with all applicable GDPR provisions as they come into force, whilst also working closely with our customers and partners in order to meet our contractual obligations for our products and services in all sectors. To ensure compliance, the Viva Xpress Logistics (UK) Ltd has already appointed a Data Protection Officer.
Our GDPR Principles are:
- Data is processed fairly and lawfully
- Data is processed only for specified and lawful purposes
- Processed data is adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Processed data is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- Data is not kept longer than necessary
- Data is processed in accordance with an individual’s consent and rights
- Data is kept secure
- Data is not transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) without adequate protection
Viva Xpress Logistics (UK) Ltd fully recognises the impact of the GDPR upon our customer base and as such, continues to be committed to providing support to customers’ GDPR obligations.
If you have any questions relating to our approach to data protection and security, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Quick Links >